Tourism Development and Marketing Projects
The Company has undertaken a diversity of projects that involve the preparation, development and implementation of feasibility studies and strategic marketing plans, primarily for tourism related facilities.
- MADIKWE RIVER LODGE - NORTH-WEST PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT - NORTH-WEST PROVINCE (1996):
Strategic market planning and representation of Madikwe River Lodge in the Madikwe National Park.
- ONGAVA GAME RESERVE - NAMIBIA (1995):
Development of a strategic marketing plan, brochure development and international marketing at the World Travel Market in London.
- BOUNDARY HILL LODGE - WORLD BANK - TANZANIA (1996 / 97):
Appointed by the African Project Development Facility in Washington to develop a feasibility study and business plan for a luxury new game lodge in Tarangire National Park, adjacent to the internationally renowned Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park .
- WHITE ELEPHANT LODGE - PONGOLA GAME RESERVE - KWAZULU-NATAL (1998):
Project management and strategic marketing for the development of a new luxury game lodge in the Pongola Game Reserve, northern Zululand.
- AFRICA COAST TO COAST ROUTE - DEVELOPMENT BANK OF SOUTHERN AFRICA / REGIONAL TOURISM ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHERN AFRICA - SOUTHERN AFRICA (2002):
Appointed by DBSA / DEAT to market and promote a new regional tourism route passing through five SADC countries - Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Swaziland and Mozambique. The aim of the project was to brand a 3000km route stretching from Swakopmund in the west to Maputo in the east.
- COMMERCIALISATION PROGRAMME PHASE I - EASTERN CAPE TOURISM BOARD - EASTERN CAPE (2002 / 3):
To manage a tender process to secure new investment in provincial game reserves in the Eastern Cape and to facilitate partnerships between local communities and new investors / developers. Approximately R120 million was secured for new investment into the Mkambati, Double Drift and Silaka Reserves.
- KUZUKO CONTRACTUAL PARK - EASTERN CAPE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION - EASTERN CAPE PROVINCE (2003):
Preparation of a business plan and feasibility study for a new game lodge operation in Kuzuko Contractual Park which is to be integrated into the Greater Addo National Park.
- MANYELETI GAME RESERVE - DEAT - LIMPOPO PROVINCE (2005):
Appointed by DEAT to act as project manager to develop a community game lodge in Manyaleti Game Reserve as part of the Poverty Alleviation and Working for Tourism Initiatives.
- MEGA CONSERVATION CLUSTERS - DEDET - LIMPOPO PROVINCE (2006):
Appointed by DEDET, Limpopo province, to undertake a detailed tourism development plan for the identified mega-conservation areas in the province. The mega conservation clusters include the Waterberg Biosphere Reserve, the Limpopo Shashe TFCA, community areas adjoining the Great Limpopo TFCA, i.e. Makuya Park, Letaba Ranch and Mashakatini. An additional study area is the Drakensberg Escarpment which includes the Bewaarkloof and Wolkberg Nature Reserves.
One should pay attention to even the smallest crawling creature for these too may have a valuable lesson to teach us.